Thursday, February 28, 2013

Smashbox Brown Eyes Palette

With my job, I have not been able to blog that much lately as days have just flown so so fast, but I have yet to throw in the towel. I shall still prevail on giving another review for you. This time, I take on te Smashbox Brown Eyes Palette which also came with the box that was given to us.

As I am actually aiming to get the Urban Decay Naked Palette, I don't mind having been given this palette as it has actually taken to my liking. It doesn't have that many shades as the UDNP but it does serve as giving two basic looks merely Brown Eyes Soft Eyes and Brown Eyes Mokey Eyes. It is also perfect for obviously, brown eyes, as it really makes the brown come alive.

Here is the packaging.


 In this photo you can get a better look at the colors that are being offered, namely: Vanilla (matte) , Brazillian Bronze, Navy (matte) , Marble, Wine and Bark. I won't do swatches really as you can see them all over the internet.



You can see in this photo that the palette itself is sleek and simple.


The palette as it looks like when open. The mirror is fantastic. It's large enough for you to see most of your face.


The brush that comes with the palette is soft. It's actually nice to the touch and usable.


Bigger part of the brush.


The smaller brush.


And I saved the best for last. At the bottom of the palette there is a guide on how to achieve the Brown Eyes Soft Look and Brown Eyes Smokey. It is perfect for beginners! :)


I made a look out of this palette.

 

Pros

The packaging is nice and handy.
Mirror is large for a pocket sized makeup palette.
The fact that there os a guide that comes along.
Good brush.
Pigmented eyeshadows.

 

Cons

 Can't think of any really.

Verdict

I'm so in love with this palette so I assume I'll buy this in the nearest future.

4/5

If you have this too or you've tried it before, give me your opinions below! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)