Friday, March 8, 2013

Color me Blue

After all the products I posted from the previous posts, I return to what I originally said my blog would be about. Affordable makeup. Every time I look at a palette, I'm always so confused about what colors to use but I tend to experiment a lot, specially lately. The color blue was first on my mind after a few seconds as I knew it would really make my brown eyes come alive (sounds like storytelling ha ha). As I keep on practicing, I notice that I do my makeup better when I have enough time as I don't stress too much to get it on.


FYI, I look funny in this picture. LOL

Here are the items that I chose for my makeup session:

Ever Bilena ProFlawless Finish Foundation (Beige)
Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Powder Foundation (Natural SPF 20)
Etude House Eye Brow Pencil (No2 Dark Brown)
Ever Bilena Brown Mascara - I used this one on top of the pencil to darken.
Ever Bilena 24 Shades Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Koshize Pink Delight Blush On (BLH 2)
Nichido Length & Curl Mascara
Stila Lip Glaze (Jolly)

Here is a short list on what what shades I used and to make it better I enumerated them to make it easier.

 
 1.) Entire eyelid
2.) Outer lid and upper crease
3.) Upper lashline (Just for pictorial purposes, but an eyepencil or liquid eyeliner can also be used)
4.) Brow Bone/Highlight also used for Inner lid/Inner Lower Lash Line

Here are better photos of the Eyeshadow.



 

Here is also a picture of the brushes I used.



From Left to Right: Eyeshadow C Brush, Contour Brush, Concealer Brush, Small Angled Brush, Small PRecision Brush, Blush Brush, Complexion Brush, Powder Brush and the Fan Brush.
These are 9 pieces of the e.l.f.  11 piece set I got a few months back. I'd love to splurge on more expensive ones, but I'm currently satisfied with these ones. My favorite is the Complexion Brush and the Powder Brush and they're really soft. Will do a separate review on the entire set after this post.

The outcome was more satisfactory than I thought it would turn out. The color is really nice and the palette is not that bad. Hope someone would benefit from my post.

Goodluck and see you soon! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)