Monday, February 18, 2013

Bringing the Spa home

Sometimes, I enjoy taking the spa home instead of going out to do so. I know I'm not only speaking for myself when I say that sometimes we all need to pamper ourselves, so why not just do it at home (less the stress)? I do go to the spa when I feel I need to but there are times I just wanna be at home.

Here is my "spa kit" whom I assume everyone can also do for themselves as it doesn't cost an arm anyways. :)


Here are two items that weren't visible in the first picture.


It may seem like a lot, but it isn't.

Hair

 Watsons Smoothing Treatment Wax Yoghurt

I leave this on for about 15-20 minutes. I bought two of these last November because they were only buy one take one. The effect isn't so bad either. It made my hair shinier.

Skin

glam Works Nourishing Body Scrub 
or 
The Body Shop Mango Sugar Scrub (The latter makes your skin feel really soft and smooth.)
Mango Body Butter (DIVINE)

 1. Scrub skin with a Bath Glove with a skin scrub.. I just use any that isn't soft but a bit hard so it really scrubs and exfoliates the skin.
 2.  I use the shower gel so that it leaves my skin smelling so good. I do recommend it strongly!
 3.Last I put on lotion and sunscreen of course.

Feet

I don't have a specific one since the cover has already peeled off, but I do suggest to use mentholated products as they leave your feet smelling and they feel rather cool (in a good way that is ;)

1. Soak your feet in lukewarm to warm water for about 20-30 minutes because you want them to be soft enough to be able to scrub off the calleuses. Add a few drops of foot soak in the water. Make sure to have a towel nearby for safety)
2. Scrub your feet with a foot scrub or a pumice stone. Get rid of all of the calleuses.
3. Dry your feet. Lather your feet with lotion and a foot spray.

Hands

Scrub your hands and wait with the lotion.
Do your usual mani/pedi process.
Then lather on lotion. For very dry hands, I suggest you use petroleum Jelly overnight. This really works because when you wake up in the morning, your hands and feet will be soft. Add socks on so your feet won't be slippery in the morning.

Whew! I know, I know. My post this time was uber long, but hey, I felt a lot better after I finished everything myself. You don't need to do all of this everyday, but when you really feel like it. :) It's strongly recommended on days when you feel like a total mess. A little home spa pampering is all we need. ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)