Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My mentor... Dearest Audrey Hepburn


 Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's

At most things except sports, I have to admit that I'm a late bloomer. I was the last one to do my eye brows, last one to shave my legs, last one to do my make up (although lately getting more serious about it), last one to get a crush and the list goes on. I'm also a late bloomer when it comes to looking up to someone else because all my life I had myself to depend on. I'm not complaining. It's nice to be independent.



That was until I got fed up hearing about other people raving about Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's. I heard it everywhere and at that time, I wasn't so into the Classic movies. I was thinking that it must be so boring because it's just black and white. Out of all of her movies, I chose Breakfast at Tiffany's. I-was-mesmerized. No wonder she is an icon.


I love all of her movies Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman  Holiday, Sabrina, The Nun's Story and My Fair Lady are among my favorites.


Her onscreen presence is quite amazing and she's really adorable. Other than her movies, I love her make up as she kept it natural. I do believe though that she filled her eyebrows with pencil to make them thicker. Her doe eyed eyes are also something you can't ignore. I simply love her style as it was simple yet elegant. So lady like.


Who else can also not think all of her quotes are memorable? I included only a few among many.

She for me was the whole package, elegant, beautiful, generous and kind. Her acting career lasted from 1949 - 1989. From 1989 and onwards she was a humanitarian. I find it admirable that she was far from selfish. She used her money also to reach out to those who needed it.

So in memory of her, this whole post has been dedicated to yours truly,



Do you idolize Audrey Hepburn? Who is your mentor? I'd love to hear from you. :)


References (Pictures and links are in order):

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)