Friday, February 15, 2013

Etude House: Mini haul

Last December, I wanted to check out Etude House since I've been reading several blogs doing good reviews of the brand and it has been well recieved. It just made sense to me because it originated in Korea where skincare is very important. This peaked my curiousity even more. I so wanted to try their products!

As I entered the store, I was taken aback at how "girly" the store was and it looked as if I had entered a little girls room. I have no problem with that, it's just that on a general note, I tend to gear towards more mature looking items like e.l.f. or mac. On the contrary though, I was very much satisfied with the majority of the items I bought.

L - R: EH Eye Brow Pencil no 2, EH Precious Minerals Sun BB Cream, EH Eyelash curler, EH Greentea Nose Pack

I won't be doing a review on the BB Cream as it was the first product that I reviewed.

First off is the Eyelash Curler. It is pretty much a standard eyelash curler. There is no imprinted "Etude House" on the curler. The handles are quite cute because of the pink handles. I was trying to resist them, but I finally gave in. Haha

Eyelash Curler 

Pros:
The shape fit my eyeshape. Managed to curl my eyelashes well. Pink might not be for everyone, but it really catched my eye somehow.

Cons:
At first it actually didn't curl my eyelashes. It might have been because of the rubber being so hard. After a few tries though, it did indeed curl my eyelashes.

Price was only Php 90. It might be a bit expensive than other more affordable curlers but if you like the pink, then go for it.

Below are better close up of the curler.





Eyebrow Pencil

Pros:
The color suited me well. It looks natural and it stays eventhough I'm sweating when I'm outside. I like the brush it comes with. Enough product to last me a few months.

Cons:
I can't think of any.

It cost only Php 128.

Here is the Eyebrow Pencil. I have read that this is the better eyebrow pencil that they have because it lasts longer than the retractable. I tried to use it in the store but it seemed so fragile that it could break so I chose this one instead. The color suited my hair and eye color.

 This baby has to be sharpened but that's not a problem.


As you can see, I've already used it a couple of times. The brush seems a bit hard though. You might still have to use a spoolie brush.

Here is a picture of me without the eyebrow pencil and the eyelash curler. Oops, looks like I need to get my eyebrows waxed. :)

I've used both the products here. My eyelashes naturally faces downwards but whenever I use a curler, they tend to stay up.

Nose Strip Green Tea Pack

I wasn't able to take a picture of the Nose strip, but it looked just like other nose strip but it had this funky green tea smell. It might be too smelly for some. It was colored green.  
 
Pros:
The color green is kinda refreshing. It is supposed to deep cleanse.

Cons:
I'm not a fan of the Green Tea smell and for me, it didn't remove most of my blackheads. It only removed the smallest possible blackheads.

Will not repurchase though because it didn't suit me.

So there you go, hope this review was able to be of service. Do leave your comments of your experiences with the items. We all have different opinions. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)