Sunday, February 10, 2013

Finesse Makeover tour 2012 - I'll take care of you

Last December, me and my officemate Sanne decided to join the Finesse Haircare I'll take care of you Makeoverat the office. They did our hair and make up. I was so amused because I actually liked their shampoo and conditioner that they used on me. Can't quite recall what it was again, but I can definitely remember it was just standard anyway.

So here we are agreed to do the makeover. We were thinking that it wouldn't cost us anything and we'd look better so why not?


I was laughing here because he asked me if I felt okay or something like that and I said I was fine except for the coldest hair shower that I've ever had and he said the cheesy line "I'll take care of you". LOL


Okay, I was kinda freezing here. Good thing Sanne was rather chatty. I just wanted it to end.

"Smile for the camera, girls"


Next step, makeup.


With my MUA. I was all giddy here.


Tada!


We both got ourselves a picture like this. I even agreed to join the Candidate with the most likes gets to join the Finals. That was not easy and I don't think I'll join a competition like this again because it was intense and the other competitors really were so lustful for the Grand Prize and Apple Ipad. I made it to the top 5 from Aegis Makati with my picture though.


Now I made it to the Finals and seeing how eager my competitors got, I got stuck at 29 Facebook likes wherein my competitors were already at over 500. My luck had ended. I could only imagine how much advertising they must have done through their friends to get so many FB likes. I just didn't wanna pursue it anymore.


I was invited to attend the finals but I just didn't wanna bother anymore to go when I heard that the winner with the most FB likes in the finals would be the Grand winner. I had no reason to go there. Heck, it was still a fun experience. It was kind of an eye opener for me because it didn't feel like a fair competition because anyone could win through FB likes. It doesn't matter what you look like as long as you knew the correct people. I knew for myself that I had nothing to prove. I loved being me. I didn't need to win anyway. I was fine with it.

Though I was completely zapped of energy for doing all the FB likes promotion thing, I was left with this funny video. I can recall while doing the interview that there were so many lights around me and I was so ecstatic at that time. I had such a blast with Sanne. I guess that's all that matters, isn't it? :)


To all you girls out there, you need no crown, title nor gratification to be proud of yourselves. All you need is to love yourself for who you are. You have your own talents that you were born with. Just make the best of it. Be proud to simply be yourself. 

xoxo,

Anette

2 comments:

Jenniya said...

Hey dear! You look gorgeous! I really love the shade of your pink lippie coz it suits you well. You have nice arch of eye brows, too. You two had so much fun; the pictures can tell. You are so lucky you made it to Top 5 of Finesse makeover tour.

XX, IamJenniya

Unknown said...

Thank you Jenniya :)

So strange, on my computer your comment disappeared but on my phone it's still here. Good. :)

Yep, we really had fun together.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)