Monday, February 11, 2013

The-oh-essential-pressed-powder

Like I mentioned in a previous post, these are my Pressed Powder Foundations.   
 L-R e.l.f. Two - Way Cake Foundation spf 15 Pale Peach, 
Maybelline Clear Smooth Natural SPF 20, 
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Shade: 205 Rose Vanilla SPF 15


Maybelline Clear Smooth Natural SPF 20 

Here is the one that I use the most and it is closest to my skin tone. 


  Left: Maybelline Sponge, Right: E.l.f. Sponge


Pros:
Natural shade that blends well with my skin tone, mattifying effect, has spf, simple with a regular sized mirror. The sponge that comes with it is very thin compared to the e.l.f. sponge.

It comes off at Php 249 which I find might be a bit overpriced for something you can find in the Grocery and Mercury Drug.

Cons:
The mattifying effect doesn't last long. After a while (now I mean just after about 30-40 mins) the effect will have worn off and you have to retouch again. Imagine, if you've done your whole face and then you have to do it again. Hassle. I'm not so sure if I like the plastic, it feels very cheap. The lettering is now fading as well. 

The sponge that comes with it is very thin compared to the e.l.f. sponge. The coverage is sheer so it doesn't cover much.

Verdict: 
It's okay, I can use the pressed powder on a daily basis.

Will I repurchase?
Probably not. I wasn't that impressed. 


 e.l.f. Two Way Cake Foundation

This is the one that I'm very much satisfied with although I totally bought the wrong shade. It's too light for my skin tone. It justifies its price for as well at Php 249.75 at Landmark Trinoma.



Pros:
 Decent packaging. Looks very sleek. The compartment below the pressed powder has holes so as to lessen the bacteria caused by storing the pad. What I like is that in itself, there is a separate compartment for the pad. The pad is thick and if you want a thicker coverage use the pad and apply it with wather for a long lasting effect. It justifies its price.

Cons:
I can't really think of any.

Verdict:
It is a decent and affordable compact pressed foundation to be used on a daily basis.

Will I repurchase?
Definitely, but in a shade closer to my skin tone. 

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Shade: 205 Rose Vanilla SPF 15

This  is the one that I haven't used that much since I bought it. When I first applied it, it seemed fine on my skin and it blended well ( I was inside an airconditioned mall). Oh my after a few hours, it made my skin look so oily and greasy. I think this one suits more for dry skin as it moisturizes. It also made my skin break out. I try using this one more as a basic foundation with powder on top.


Pros:
It looks expensive though and I like the packaging although the rubber layer is fading off on the edges. I like that there is also a separate compartment for the brush underneath. 

Cons:
It really doesn't suit my skin texture as I have combination skin and it comes off as this very shiny foundation. That's not exactly what I need. The brush that comes with it is pretty soft actually but I don't use it. If you look closer on the picture of the foundation, you'll see there is a large hole in the middle. This is when I used the brush. I might have to use the brush for something else. Maybe for taking away particles underneath my eyes.

Verdict:
It looks and feels expensive but it's not for me. Maybe someone else will find this better suited for them.

Will I repurchase?
No.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Do leave your words behind as I'd love to hear from you. :)